Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Leaving the practice of law to become a teacher is a decision that continues to reaffirm itself. One affirmation is being picked as a participant in the JFMF Teacher Program.

I originated this blog in mid November 2005 with the hopes of being picked as a Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Scholar. On March 22 I received a letter stating that I had been accepted into the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program and was going to Japan in June 2006!

Since then, I've been steadily getting ready for the trip - planning ahead for my absence at school, buying needed items, and listening to Japanese lessons on my iPod Nano. I am honored and humbled by this opportunity and cannot wait to share the experience with my students and others who will follow me virtually on this blog as I travel in Japan.

3 Comments:

Blogger D. Foley said...

Hi Mrs. Banas, it's Dylan Foley. I hope you have fun in Japan, I have always wanted to go there. Hope you have fun and I will follow your blog to learn about everything you get to do in Japan =D

12:36 PM  
Blogger 1UP RPG said...

Hello! I will be joining you as a fellow JFMFer in Japan. I'm sure you're just as excited as I am. Enjoy your time until then.

Bob
Missouri

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! its Dr. Banas! It's been a while and i hope that everything is great! Its seems very much so, with this trip to japan! Take care and i cant wait to see how things are going for you in japan!
ttyl!
-caitlin

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home