Wednesday, June 14, 2006


It's 5:11 a.m. here in Tokyo. I'm wide awake. It's very much a "Lost in Translation" thing with jetlag. Everyone I've talked to has had trouble sleeping. They do not observe daylight savings time here in Japan, so dawn occurs around 3:45 a.m. and it's full daylight by 4:14 a.m. In fact, the picture you are seeing was taken at 4:40 a.m. It's the first time I've seen the sun in days.

BTW, I've been meaning to thank Mrs. Mel Holden, the fantastic librarian at CHS who spent the time to help me with the finer points of blogging - thanks Mel! I also wanted to thank my husband for loaning me his .mac space for pics, as well as Mrs. Fundalinski and Mr. Nourse for tech. back-up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Elissa! Just got finished looking over your blog thusfar...Great pictures, and a wonderful adventure and experience! I will send your blog address and other info. to my brother; who knows- - they may join you for the Faletta concert!

Enjoy! Will check back again! Take care and have fun!

Love,
Claud

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Elissa- Hope everything is going well with your trip. Your pictures are great.

Have a great time.
Uncle Joe

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout, Mrs. Banas. Sounds like you're having a great experience! Glad to hear there is someone else at school who can relate to severe jetlag!

-Mrs. Holden

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home