Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hello! I am sitting in the lobby of the Hotel Sendai Plaza in Sendai, Japan. I left Tokyo along with the rest of my group (there are 19 of us) on the Shinkansen (bullet train) in the early afternoon. I spent the two hour train ride typing up information on the seminars I have been going to in Tokyo. However, you will not be able to read it for a little while longer. This hotel advertised free internet access, but all it is is a jack for a dial up connection. I tried to use it and it will not work. Ahhh, the wonders of technology.

I hope to download lots of pictures and info. tomorrow at this time. The hotel in Kesennuma advertises a fast internet connection in every room. We will see if that happens (I REALLY hope it does).

I have lots to share about my time in Kyoto as well. I saw A LOT, thanks to Kozue Nagasaka. She lived in Buffalo for six months and became friends with our friend, John Alberti. She met me at the train station when the train arrived at 8:16 a.m. We rented bikes and went to over 10 shrines and temples.We most have biked well over ten miles.

I will tell you more tomorrow (I hope).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there old shrines, old temples, old buildings of any kind left in Tokyo?
Can you tell what sections of the city were bombed during WWII?

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home